[PCB_FORUM] Re: Metric to English - English to Metric

  • From: "Schwartz, Jerome" <jschwa01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:31:14 -0400

    I have considered designing in metric only for a while. It would
make
routing cleaner in BGA's etc. I have two reasons for not using metric.
These
might only be unique to me.

1. My designs can only be fabricated in the US. All of our vendors will
convert
   the metric Gerber data to English. Thereby, creating the round off,
and offset, problem
   I wanted to avoid in the first place.

2. Grade school, in the 1960's, tried to teach us metric. It still
hasn't taken. "You can't
    teach an old dog new tricks." Therefore, I would always be
converting in my head.

IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) Although I am am seldom humble ;)

 Regards,
      Jerry Schwartz, CID+
      IPC Advanced Certified Designer
     "May The Schwartz Be With You."

Designer 3
Harris Corporation GCSD              Voice (321)-727-5474
P.O. Box 37, MS 1-11F                Pager (321)-690-9797
Melbourne, FL 32902-0037
mailto:Jerome.Schwartz@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Jerome.Schwartz@xxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.harris.com <http://www.harris.com/>
NOTE: IF SOMETHING I SAY CAN BE TAKEN TWO WAYS AND ONE OF THEM OFFENDS
YOU.  I MEANT THE OTHER ONE.