[PCB_FORUM] Re: Metric to English - English to Metric

  • From: chris.ball@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:21:43 -0400

Hiya George-

So are you being pressured to switch to Metric? Sounds like it would
simplify things in the long run, aid in 'globalizing' libraries and
standard rules, and besides, I'll be all jealous if you get to stay using
the units you think in............ 8-}

                       george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxx

                       k.com                             To:
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                       Sent by:                          cc:

                       icu-pcb-forum-bounce@freel        Subject:
[PCB_FORUM] Re: Metric to
                       ists.org                            English - English to
Metric

                       08/24/2005 03:13 PM

                       Please respond to

                       icu-pcb-forum

Don:

Switching back and forth is a bad idea, there are ALWAYS going to be
problems and most of them are not with the software.  There is ALWAYS going
to be round off errors when working with two dissimilar grids.

If we start a board, it starts in mils and stays that way, even if it is
shipped off-shore for off-hours work.  If Japan or Germany start a board,
it is started in millimeters and stays that way even if it is shipped here
for "off-hours" work.

Keep it simple :)

--
George Patrick