[PCB_FORUM] Intelligent Dual Footprints 15.x

  • From: "Design1955@xxxxxxxxxxx" <design1955@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:23:00 -0400

I have been asked to create a footprint containing the following information:

A bga containing all of it's fan-out recommended by the spec.

all of it's supporting decoupling caps, connected per the EE's rules.

So every time I place this component it will have the particular BGA and  the
supporting caps placed and also routed to the power and ground pins per the
schematic.

I am using 15.2 and VueLogic front end.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make this work as a complete intelligent
footprint you placing it as a block of components with routing?

Thanks

Steve