[PCB_FORUM] Re: How to change an existing cline to a new net? ??

  • From: chris.ball@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:35:03 -0400

Mike-

For what it's worth, I've had it happen that a trace with many vertices on
a single layer be buried in a plane after making a change to the schematic.
Or sometimes after just dinking around with it too much while dynamic fill
is on.

 You'd like to retain the route, which is a whole bunch of cline segments,
but it's all gnd now and all buried in the plane. I guess you can move the
plane off-board and re-associate the trace to the net you want it to be,
but you can't just delete a segment or two of the trace to fix it.

Best Regards,
-Chris

                       "gnieski, mike"

                       <gnieski_mike@xxxxxxx>            To:
"'icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
                       Sent by:
<icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                       icu-pcb-forum-bounce@freel        cc:

                       ists.org                          Subject:
[PCB_FORUM] Re: How to change an
                                                           existing cline to a
new net?       ??
                       05/26/2005 02:24 PM

                       Please respond to

                       icu-pcb-forum

why can you not disconnect the trace to either the pin or via or shape that
is causing it to be a gnd? It should be just a piece of cline with no
netname.
Cant you highlight the trace and see where it connects to?