[PCB_FORUM] Re: How long it takes to route a board?

  • From: Frank W <fworm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:06:20 -0400

A long time ago,....... back in the tape-up days
A wise old designer told me to
"take your best guess,then add two weeks"
:-)
Gary MacIndoe wrote:

Christian,
The only way I know of is through accumulated experience. After you have completed lots of designs, big and small, you get a feel for it. Don't forget to round up some, seems like there's almost always something popping up to try and slow you down (unexpected last minute changes?, nah that would never happen).

Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Longmont, Colorado