[PCB_FORUM] Re: How long it takes to route a board?

  • From: "Ken Kiplinger" <kkiplinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:16:56 -0700

Cristian,
      This is a very complex question. Some have come up with formulas.
 Variables include:
      pin count
      complexity/rules
      library creation required
      availability of Specctra (and fast enough computer)
      availability of template design

      Others will print out the schematic, heft it, and guess. Dartboards
probably also come in handy.

       I agree with Gary. Personally, I break it down to tasks and estimate
each. If you're only routing, then you have only a few variables. If you're
working from scratch, then use a spreadsheet.

Ken Kiplinger
Design Solutions, Inc.