[PCB_FORUM] Re: How do you get boards from v15 back to v14?

Hi Joe,

There is no way of 'porting' the TRUE database back to pre-v15. You can
save a database back to version 15.0, but that's it. Like you mentioned,
with the clipboard routine back to v14.2 you'll loose all your database
constraint settings, unless you have the v14.2 database that was uprev'd
to v15 that has the settings inherent to it that you'd be clipboard'ng to.
Sorry.

But, look at it this way. Why would you need to go back? Certainly not to
do editing details. Anyone can download the free v15.2 viewer and would be
able to look at your board. When you make the grandios decision (and it's
WAY beyond that time) to use v15.2 DON'T look back.

Good day.

Mitch

> Before I take the plunge into 15.2, what options exist for porting board
> files back into 14.2?
>
> Are there any other methods besides just creating a clip file of the
> entire design?
>
> I'm concerned about losing constraints, cam, etc.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Joe Piper
> Layout Design Engineer III
> PCB Layout
>
> CONEXANT SYSTEMS, INC.
> 9868 Scranton Road, Suite 1000
> San Diego, CA 92121-1762
>
> Tel   858.713.3571
> Fax  858.713.4003
> joe.piper@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> "This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
> use of the intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or
> distribution by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received the
> message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the
> message. Thank you."

http://www.freelists.org. Our list name is icu-pcb-forum
or go to http://www.freelists.org/archives/icu-pcb-forum/

Problems or Questions: