[PCB_FORUM] Re: Flash symbols

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:20:36 -0400

Why not just put the shapes you need onto the paste layer in the symbol?
We have some funky rf parts that have a very large base that needs to be
soldered to the board and we just draw in the paste pattern we need
and it gets added to the board as part of the symbol.
I could be mistaken but I think you will have trouble trying to
accomplish this with flash shapes.
If you need a special pattern that is difficult to make in allegro
you can always create it in some cad (autocad) tool and import
a dxf. It works great.

Hope this helps,
TSI Telsys

gnieski, mike wrote:
        Looking for some up front info on using flash symbols before I dive
into it.
        I have never used these before and am interested in seeing flashes in
wysywyg mode.
        Can flash symbols only be used in padstacks on internal layers? As
thermals?
        or can they be used on external layers such as top and bottom pads,
soldermask and
        solder paste. We have a funky solderpaste stensil that requires
multiple separated
        shapes that cannot be generated with one continuous shape which is
needed for an ssm.

        Also is there any online documentation that explains the best way to
use flash symbols?
        Like a Flash Symbol Users Guide?

        thanks,
        Mike Gnieski
        EMC2 Corp.
        Hopkinton, MA

begin:vcard
fn:Kevin McCowan
n:McCowan;Kevin
email;internet:kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
note;quoted-printable:Kevin McCowan=0D=0A=
        Sr. PCB Designer=0D=0A=
        TSI Telsys=0D=0A=
        410-872-3922
x-mozilla-html:FALSE