From: icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of arimitsu seiji
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:44 AM
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Extracting symbol from PADs then into Allegro

Hi Shiva,

The evaluation program does not allow me to use the File/Export command.  I
think that there is no way to get around this :(

Please let me know if there are other options.

Thank you

________________________________

        From:  shiva shiva <shiva_insys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        To:  icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date:  Tue, 15 May 2007 02:55:36 +0100 (BST)

        Hi seiji

        Place all the cmponents using eco in pads and then export to ascii
format and now u can import that into allegro and do export libraries. hope
this helps.

        Regards
        shiva.

        "Cosentino, Tony" <Tony.Cosentino@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                Seiji,

                Is the PADS database in binary or ASCII? If it is ASCII  then
you can read the database into Cadence Allegro and then extract the library
from
                that. If it is binary then I think you are out of luck.

                Thanks
                Tony Cosentino
                Tekelec Hardware Engineer
                919-460-3656