[PCB_FORUM] Drill chart use?

  • From: "Dal Locke" <dlocke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:23:13 -0500

We just started using the custom drill charts in 15.2 and it works very well.
It gives the tolerance on all holes and the qty for the fab dwg.  The only
problem is we have to make sure we run it just before ordering so it has the
latest information.  It would be nice if it automatically updated itself.  We
also had to update all 400 padstacks in the library with correct tolerancing.
It took me 1/2 day to accomplish that.  Now we do not have to manually add the
hole tolerances on the fab dwg.

See snapshot:

Hi All

For whom are we spending time on making drill charts and drill films ??

Quality control : Can't count silver plugged vias , buried vias, microvias.

PCB shop : They get drill files and they have super duper fancy CAM tools
                        so if they want drillcharts they can print them
out.

Do we really add any value by spending time on making a graphical image of
whats already in the drillfile ??

Are they really needed or are we just wasting time ??

Thomas Flodin

 <<ole0.bmp>>

 <<ole1.bmp>>
 <<ole2.bmp>>