[PCB_FORUM] Re: Displaying non plated holes

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 11:03:42 -0400

If you go into setup> drawing options and click on the
second (Display) tab you can set allegro to display the
drilled holes. All it does is blanks the grid where
the holes are, though. So if you have a hole with no
pad you can tell where it is. If the hole is very small
it will still be a little difficult to see.
There is no way to set the color of the hole as far as I know.
It just always matches the background color.

Hope this is some help,
TSI Telsys

Dave Elder wrote:

Hi Steve,

We put a circle on the outline layer.

Cheers, Dave

steve kingdon wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know how to display padless non plated holes in Allegro? eg the hole for a plastic polarising pin.

We have done a bit of a work around by putting a resist layer
in the NP padstack slightly larger than the pin. Then you can turn
the resist layer on to see the (whole?) hole. Kind of painful.

From memory, in Veribest, hole visibility was controlled just like

any design element, on/off, colour etc.

Is there a way to do this in Cadence, or does anyone have a better idea/solution?

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve Kingdon
PCB Designer
Allied Telesyn Research.

notify Allied Telesyn Research Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesyn Research.

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.

======================================================================= This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended addressee. It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be the subject of legal or other privilege, none of which is waived or lost by reason of this transmission. If the receiver is not the intended addressee, please accept our apologies, notify us by return, delete all copies and perform no other act on the email. Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been altered or corrupted during transmission. =======================================================================

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.