[PCB_FORUM] Re: Difference between "delta" and "tolerance" in Relative Propagation Delay

  • From: "Julian Ungureanu (jungurea)" <jungurea@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 07:17:19 -0800

Austin,
I believe Delta is meant to be used when you have a say bus and you attached
a match length
Group; you include in your group the clock that goes along with the data bus
let's say.
You want the clock to be skewed by 1" say. So all the nets are part of that
matched group, included the clock; but the clock has Delta of 1".
The whole group has a tolerance of 100 mils.

My 2 cents,
Julian