[PCB_FORUM] Re: Diff pair Constraints and CM

  • From: "Andrew Noonan" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:49:28 -0800

Kevin,
This is not necessarily true for diff pair stuff, when you have
different widths and spacing for different layers. For instance, outer
layers tend to have different spacing characteristics than inner layers
(not always.. but for the point of illustration).

In this case, you would NOT enter the values in the Electrical
constraints/Diff pair area, but back in Physical constraints, where
we're all used to doing it. The important thing here is that you would
simply leave those entries blank in the Electrical constraints/Diff pair
setup.

Most important to get the DRC's to report properly is to make sure there
is an entry for minimum line spacing for the Entire Design's diff pairs;
i.e., Minimum you would find anywhere in your design.

Hope this helps,

Andrew