[PCB_FORUM] Re: Design re-use modules

  • From: "Musetti, Carl" <cmusetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:30:39 -0400

Mike,

        You can not refresh modules with allegro studio, but can with expert
not sure about designer. Supposedly Studio performance is the same as designer.
I have studio performance and can not refresh modules which is a major pain in
the neck I have no issues with placement as a matter of fact placement really
save time in replicated reuse modules. Routing is quirky on allegro when you
leave dangling traces to connect at the top level. Split planes are supported
but sometimes nets don't get instantiated properly to the shape. No issues with
ATE or Pick and Place. I can give you a lot more details feel free to call me.
I wrote a paper with Gopi Rudra (Cadence Orcad Developer) on this topic and
presented it at last years ICU conference. This is the kind of material and
education you can get from attending the ICU conferences. It is not to late to
sign up for this years!

http://www.cadenceusers.org/conferences/current/CFP.html

* Carl T. Musetti              Infinicon Systems           *
* Tel: 610-233-4828            680 American Ave, Suite 100 *
* Fax: 610-233-4777            King of Prussia, PA 19406   *
* cmusetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                   *