[PCB_FORUM] Re: DGND/AGND merge point

  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:55:31 -0500

 William,

I use a gizmo called a STX(my name). It is just two pad with a strip of
metal between the pads. I use them in 0603,0805,01205,2010,2512. I have
built the symbol with the metal strip on ADD_TOP_ETCH in package
geometry. That way, when the board is going to CAM, nets won't be
shorted. Then the ADD_TOP_ETCH is added to the appropriate bottom or top
layer and the board is processed. My board shop has no problem with nets
being shorted together in this fashion.

Cheers,

Ron Scott C.I.D.
Texas Instruments