[PCB_FORUM] Re: Correcting the drill chart output

  • From: sjchar3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:09:10 -0500

set up your text size table. If it isn't standardized I think you'll have
different sizes of text each time you open a new design file.

From: "arimitsu seiji" <arimitsus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:18:27 -0800

Ok I have looked into it but I can't seem to get it the way I want it.

I have the following in the .dlt file
(make__ncTemplate_struct
 ?Name                  "default-mm"
 ?Title                 "DRILL CHART: $lay_nams$"
 ?Units                 "mms"
 ?TitleHeight           3.5
 ?TitleTextBlock        9
 ?ColumnTitleTextBlock  9
 ?DataTextBlock         9
 ?PlatingOrder          "PlatedFirst"
;
;   A non-zero FixedFigureHeight will force ALL(!) figures displayed
;   in the "Figure" column to be displayed with the same specified
;   height, overriding what is defined in individual padstacks. The
;   setting of 0 included below indicates that they will be displayed
;   with the sizes as defined in the padstacks.
;
 ?FixedFigureHeight     0
;
;   Each column definition below can have an optional 4th field
;   included to control the justification of the data displayed
;   within that column. The permitted values are of course:
;
;      "center", "right", or "left"
;
;   with "center" being the default if the 4th field is not provided,
;   or is provided but is not one of the above permitted values.
;
 ?ColumnDefinitions     '(
       ("Figure"      "FIGURE"        7)
       ("Holesize"    "SIZE"         15)
       ("Tolerance"   "TOLERANCE"    15)
       ("PlateStatus" "PLATED"       10)
                            ("NonStandard" "NONSTANDARD"  15)
       ("Quantity"    "QTY"           6)
   )
)

I have a section that saids under title "All units are in xxx (mils/mm)" then
below that I have a row that saids Figure   Hole size    Plated   Quantity.
The lines seperating those text are going acrossed the text and I can't adjust
it like the titleheight.  Is there some information I have to add to the .dlt
file?  Please advise.

Thank you,
Seiji

From: "arimitsu seiji" <arimitsus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:00:39 -0800

Thank you all for quick response.  I check it out as soon as I get to work :)

From: "Scott, Ron" <rg-scott@xxxxxx>
To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 07:40:38 -0600

Jim,

The permanent answer to your dilemma is to open up the actual drill file(.dlt)
in a text editor and you'll find in the nclegend file an assortment of built in
default tables. There are tables for cm, in,mil, etc. Open up the desired .dlt
and you can edit the size and spacing to your heart's content. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ron Scott C.I.D.+
Tel:   214.567.4715
Cell:  972.816.7978