[PCB_FORUM] Re: Copper balancing "thieving dots"

  • From: "Mitch S. Morey" <cadpro2k@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:00:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mike,

1) So if layer 3 was a SOLID copper pwr/gnd plane, layer 2 (if that was
the core -1 manufactured with it had to be within 10%, right? As well as
the layer pair symmetrical to it in the stackup. Doesn't that imply that
you copper poured all the other layers? I'd think so.

2) What happened to the company you "used to work for"? Are they out of
business? Never heard of that practice.

Good day.