[PCB_FORUM] Re: Copper balancing "thieving dots"

  • From: "Andrew Noonan" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:03:27 -0700

There may be times when you DO want to control board thickness within a
certain tolerance, especially when the board is 32 layers and over 0.20"
thick. It could be that there is unbalanced distribution of copper
across a board area, (i.e., much copper in an area, and little
elsewhere) potentially causing board thickness variations in different
topographic areas. Keeping copper evenly distributed will help to keep
an even distribution of overall thickness tolerance.