[PCB_FORUM] Constraint Manager Filter Selections...

  • From: "Danny" <simpsond1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 17:56:47 -0400

Hi all,

I have only been using Allegro PCB Editor L Performance for a few months, so be
kind... ;^)

Using Constraint Manager in PCB Editor version 16.0, I am attempting to select (using 'Filter') a group of components by different unrelated properties that are common to a set of particular components, i.e., all components with type '.1uf' and all of those '.1uf' caps that are connected to 'nets' 2.5V. For example, I know that 'Objects->Filter' can be used either for selecting Net 'General Properties' and Component 'Component Properties' one at a time, but can selections from both of the selections be 'merged' to produce a 'common' selection result? (Or is there another way to do what I an trying to achieve below?) After doing this selection, I can then modify the PLACE_TAG properties column of the results in Constraint Manager to allow autoplacing on grids only those components matching both parameters.

What I am attempting to do is to user the 'Objects->Filter' to select a certain
component 'subgroup' within the Constraint Manager spreadsheet. I am working on
a PCB with approximentally 3000 components that are broken down into (x8) Rooms.
Within each Room, I need to select 'sub-groups' of components by both the 'Net'
and 'Component' groups under 'Properties' Group in the far left hand column in
Constraint Manager.

For example, in Constraint Manager, is there a way to select (using
'Objects->Filter'  for placement selection):

1) within a certain Room,
2) all 1uf capacitors (a component property), and
3) that are connected to VCC (a net property)?

(selecting several components that are common to both certain 'Net properties'
and 'Component properties' by merging results?)

Thanks,

Dan