[PCB_FORUM] Re: Concept V-15.1 Cref (Netname Spacing)

  • From: Andy_Kulik@xxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:40:41 -0500

No. Hmm. What OS are you on?
Andy

Mark Salberg <msalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
12/10/2004 01:00 PM
Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject
[PCB_FORUM] Re: Concept V-15.1 Cref (Netname Spacing)

Andy,
Well, as it turns out...we already have the lines you sent me in our
$CDS_site cref.dat file.
For some reason, my email reply never made it through this morning, so I
am sending this.

Question: Is your Netsbypage or "nets" portion of cref have added spaces
as shown below?

Ours used to display the same as components (as below),
Less wasted space.

Once again, thanks for your time,

Mark

Andy_Kulik@xxxxxxx wrote:

We do not create it as a seperate view. With the settings I send you the I
am geeting good results.
what used to turn into a 160 page schematic (from 32 design sheets) is now
only 50 pages.
Can you post a screenshot example of the spaces between netnames?

Mark Salberg
Sent by:
12/09/2004 12:40 PM

Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[PCB_FORUM] Re: Concept V-15.1 Cref (Netname Spacing)

Andy,
When running CREF with the "Add as a separate view" option, it created the
CREFOUT (csb files). But actually created more pages.
It made to columns wider, but still had the extra spaces. It definitely
affected the output.
Is there a similar command to remove the spaces between the reported nets?
We are definitely on the right track!

We are being told to NOT use CREF in V-15.1 because of all theses added
pages due to extra spaces.
Bottom line is that CREF is too valuable!!

Thanks again,
Mark

Andy_Kulik@xxxxxxx wrote:

this is only for the schematic report pages. the rptcref_1 will still
contain text files that contain all data.

Mark Salberg
Sent by:
12/09/2004 11:39 AM

Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[PCB_FORUM] Re: Concept V-15.1 Cref (Netname Spacing)

Andy,
Will this change the .csb files in crefout directory?
Which is what cref creates to add to the schematic.
This is the file that is

Or, just the report files in the rptcref_1 directory?

I will give it a try.

Thanks!
Mark

Andy_Kulik@xxxxxxx wrote:

Mark,

add the following two lines in your cref.dat file (example for base net
report).

schrep "basenets" (1,20) (3,32)
schrep "crefparts" (1,6) (3,32)

The example above only will show colum 1 and 3 of the reports. The second
number defines the number of characters to be displayed
until in wraps the line.

Hope this helps
Andy

PS: not sure if this is 15.2 only though.....

Mark Salberg
Sent by:
12/09/2004 10:59 AM

Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cadence User Group <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[PCB_FORUM] Concept V-15.1 Cref (Netname Spacing)

In V15.1 Cross Referencer, is there an easy way to remove the "extra
spaces" from the netnames portion of "add to the root schematic" option?

By adding extra spaces, it creates many more unnesesarry pages.

I seached Sourcelink for known problems and solutions, but it had
nothing listed. ???

Thanks,
Mark

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com

Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit http://www.ers.ibm.com

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image