[PCB_FORUM] Re: Color Dialog

  • From: "Macindoe, Gary" <Gary.Macindoe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:05:23 -0500

Hey Jeff,

I don't know of any way to "save" the color assignment in order to read
it into another drawing.

It sounds like you are talking about library symbols (*.dra) and you
want them to all look alike.

One way to accomplish this is to have a "starting point" blank drawing.

It would have all of your colors (and anything else) set up the way you
want it.

Then copy and rename it to create a new drawing.

To have existing drawings changed to all have the same color
assignments, a script is a good way to go.

You do have to get into each one and then run the script.

Good luck!

Gary

Gary E. MacIndoe
PCB Design Engineer
Fort Collins, Colorado

amd.com

gary.macindoe@xxxxxxx

________________________________

        From: Dave Schaefer <dave.schaefer@xxxxxxx>
        To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Monday, July 21, 2008, 3:25 PM

        Jeff,

        From the color palette "file save color palette" and load the
.col
        file into the other design using "file load color palette" -
        doesn't work as well as the script method I had for batch work
in earlier
        version.

        Dave

        > From: jeff <id_limestone@xxxxxxxxx>
        > Date: 2008/07/21 Mon PM 02:11:57 CDT
        > To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        > Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Color Dialog
        >
        > Jean,
        >
        > How do you do this in 16.01?
        >
        > Jeff
        >
        > --- On Mon, 6/2/08, Jean Bratton <jean.bratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        wrote:

        > From: Jean Bratton <jean.bratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        > Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: Color Dialog
        > To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        > Date: Monday, June 2, 2008, 4:00 PM
        >

        > What version are you running Jeff? In 16.01 you can. Before
that you can
        record a script of color settings (start a script, pick your
colors, stop the
        script) and then re-play it in any other .dra file you want.