[PCB_FORUM] Cadence Designer Network - Call for Papers

  • From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:32:48 -0500

Greetings ICU member,

I am pleased to announce that the Cadence Designer Network is now
accepting abstracts for its inaugural conference called CDNLive!   This
conference will continue to build upon the stable foundation set forth but
by the International Cadence Usergroup. As previously announced on the ICU
web site (http://www.cadenceusers.org), the Board of the ICU has voted to
join forces with Cadence to form this new organization, which we believe
will provide a more comprehensive user group structure.   I am writing now
to encourage you to join me in supporting this new program and to invite
you to participate.

The ICU has always been focused on high quality technical content that
users need to be more productive in this changing engineering environment.
I expect the technical focus will continue with this new organization, and
welcome the opportunity to bring more content, more technical papers, and
a larger visibility to the annual September event.

For more information about the Cadence Designer Network and to submit an
abstract please visit us at our web site:   http://www.cadence.com/cdnlive
At this site you will have information regarding the CDNLive! Silicon
Valley conference which is being held at the Westin Santa Clara on
September 12 - 14, 2005.
This technical conference provides users of Cadence products with a forum
for information exchange.   These forums occur at both formal
presentations and during informal networking with other attendees.  You
will have the opportunity to talk with other designers using Cadence
technology?and with the Cadence people who develop the technologies to
help you face design challenges.   Presentations from users of Cadence
products has always been a large part of what the ICU was all about and
this will continue with CDNLive!. If you have a topic that you would like
to present at this years conference please submit an abstract today.

All submitted abstracts will be entered in a drawing for an iPod Mini (
http://www.apple.com/ipodmini). Also a trip for two to Cabo San Lucas will
be awarded by the Cadence Designer Network Steering Committee to the top
paper presented at the CDNLive! Silicon Valley Conference, as judged by
Steering Committee members.

Presenters of accepted papers, who submit their final papers by July 22,
2005, will receive a complimentary full-conference pass.    All accepted
presenters will also receive an invitation to an exclusive dinner with
Cadence technologists on Wednesday, September 14.

Summary of important dates
Abstract submittal deadline:    May 17, 2005
Notification of acceptance:     June 20-24, 2005
Paper submittal deadline:       June 22, 2005

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,
Michael Catrambone
UTStarcom, Inc.
Chairman