[PCB_FORUM] Re: Buried discretes. How are FPs done?

  • From: "Dharma Kemp-Bresett" <dharma@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:14:36 -0400

Try this link http://www.ohmega.com/Design.html not sure if it will
help........
Dharma

-----Original Message-----
From: Mitch S. Morey [mailto:cadpro2k@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 2:03 PM
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Buried discretes. How are FPs done?

Hey users,

Not sure if this has been covered or not, but I'm researching a 'grey'
area again, and thought I'd bounce the question here first. When creating
the footprints for buried devices (resistors, caps, inductors, etc.) how
are the pads defined, so that the device can be used on various layers? Do
you make ALTERNATE parts with differently defined padstacks? Can I even
use conventional padstacks or do they need to be 'pad shape' defined pads?

Thought I'd check here for responses.

Good day.

Mitch