[PCB_FORUM] Re: Allegro15.1> rants galore...

'Cracked' software is available in abundance (a little bird told me). Even
to us in the USA, if you are interested and willing to pursue it hard
enough. I just don't think there's the same social stigma involved
elsewhere. I know 15.1 is cracked already... probably 15.2 as well.
-Chris

                       "Gene Carman"

                       <gcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         To:
<icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                       @ VALSMTP                         cc:

                       Sent by: @VALSMTP                 Subject:
[PCB_FORUM] Re: Allegro15.1> rants
                                                           galore...

                       10/19/2004 09:32 PM

                       Please respond to

                       icu-pcb-forum

How about "buyer beware..."

So they make thousands of CDs with semi-official looking labels and the
buyers snap them up thinking they are getting running software, but also
knowing that the process is less than legit.  When the software installs,
yet does not run, to whom does the buyer complain?  Good chance that the
seller has long moved on, such is the black market.

Gottcha!

Further, the stuff is not exactly home use stuff... it does take both a
desire and certain skills to learn and run it... I rather doubt that there
really are "thousands" of running copies of Allegro out there... AutoCAD
probably; MS Word, hundreds of thousands perhaps...

I am not condoning the practice, just pointing out that the market for PWB
design software is a bit more complex than that for word processing
software.

Gene Carman
gcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx