[PCB_FORUM] Re: Allegro error.

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:25:48 -0400

Try extracting all of the symbols and then looking at them.
This message is, unfortunately, a normal type of Allegro error message.
I guess Allegro couldn't figure out exactly what the symbol problem was
so it cannot report it properly. Maybe the symbol editor could help
you to find the problem. Possibly regenerate all of the symbols
and refresh them in the design.
I do not know where there is a list of the error messages and
their meanings. Anyone?

Hope this helps a bit,
TSI Telsys

Kipnis, Oleg wrote:
Hello Allegro Gurus,
When I run on Allegro V14.2 pcb through DBDoctor it gave me error:
"ERROR IN SYMBOL DEFINITION name = UNKNOWN_DIM_TYPE
Symbol definition has no instances".
I looked all symbols but found nothing wrong.
So ?? are: 1.what does mean this error
2.how to figure out which symbol on pcb(LOG file does not tell it)
3.By the way: where to find meaning all errors in Allegro (particularly like this)
Thank you in advance

Regards,
OLEG KIPNIS
x8286

PCB Layout Designer
SMART  Modular Technologies, Inc.
4211 Starboard Drive
Fremont, CA 94538
Direct: 510-624-8286    Fax: 510-624-8195

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.