From: Paul Gilmore [mailto:paul.gilmore@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 1:09 AM
To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PCB_FORUM] Re: 8-way connections

Does setting Dyn_Min_Thermal_Conns = 8 and Dyn_Max_Thermal_Conns = 8 on the pin
 help?

Jean Bratton wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a surface mount DC-DC Converter with round pads which I would like to
connect to a top surface plane with an 8-way connection. I can get it to work
if I choose the "8 way connect" under the shape parameters for smd pins, but I
really don't want all my smd pins to follow this rule, just this pin. I've
tried to attach the Dyn_Thermal_Con_Type = 8_way and/or the
Dyn_thermal_Best_Fit = True properties to the pin, but I still only get 4
connections. Any idea what else I might try?
Thanks for the help!
Jean

--

Cheers,
Paul G.

PCB Designer
Tait Electronics Ltd
535 Wairakei Road
Christchurch
New Zealand

Phone:    (64) (3) 357 0732
Fax:        (64) (3) 359 4632
Email:      paul.gilmore@xxxxxxxxxx
Post:       PO Box 1645, Christchurch, NZ

  _____

This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended addressee. It
is subject to copyright, confidential and may be the subject of legal or other
privilege, none of which is waived or lost by reason of this transmission. If
the receiver is not the intended addressee, please accept our apologies, notify
us by return, delete all copies and perform no other act on the email.
Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been altered or
corrupted during transmission.

  _____

DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum. SUBSCRIBE:
icu-jobs-forum-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxx POST: icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx