[PCB_FORUM] Re: 8-way connections

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a surface mount DC-DC Converter with round pads which I would
> like to connect to a top surface plane with an 8-way connection. I can
> get it to work if I choose the "8 way connect" under the shape
> parameters for smd pins, but I really don't want all my smd pins to
> follow this rule, just this pin. I've tried to attach the
> Dyn_Thermal_Con_Type = 8_way and/or the Dyn_thermal_Best_Fit = True
> properties to the pin, but I still only get 4 connections. Any idea what
> else I might try?
> Thanks for the help!
> Jean

Jean,
 The pin is seeing the shape parameter limit of 4 max connects.

 You have the right idea in using pin properties. Use the ones
 you mention here, but you also need to add in these 2:

 Dyn_Max_Thermal_Conns  8
 Dyn_Min_Thermal_Conns  4

 Hope that helps,

 Barbara Seeger - Cadence Design Systems - 978-262-6578

http://www.freelists.org. Our list name is icu-pcb-forum
or go to http://www.freelists.org/archives/icu-pcb-forum/

Problems or Questions:

POST:       icu-jobs-forum@xxxxxxxxxx