Re: [icon-users] Over-type loses emphasis

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:34:47 +0200

In message <0168afad50.ChrisV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Venables <chris.venab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>      I have noticed that the same thing happens when one 'copies'
>      a previously 'bold' section to another place in a document
>      (ie. the Bold or Italic changes in the original is lost!).
>      Should this happen?

That depends. Sometimes it must happens, sometimes it must not happen.
Copying an emphasis works fine here, so the corresponding case to the
original report works fine.

The classic case where the bold appearance should not be carried
across is if you copy some text from a chapter or section heading and
paste it into a body. In that case, the bold attribute of the original
text is supplied by the enclosing strcture, so the text itself has no
bold emphasis, it merely appears bold because it is inside the
heading. If you then paste this text into a body, then it should come
out in whatever style the body assigns to it, usually non-bold.

Martin