Re: [icon-users] Over-type loses emphasis

> I think the code works as intended, but the intention is
> questionable. It is industry standard behaviour to preserve the
> emphasis. I have added it to the bug list.

Thanks

Another thing I noticed, after my original message.  Again, I can't
remember whether it has been raised before, in which case apologies for
doing so again.

Select a range of text.  Make it bold.  It is still selected.  Start
overtyping.  I would expect the new text to replace the old, but it is
added to the end of it.

I can see an argument for preventing accidental wipe out of text after
making it bold, but if that is the intention, then it ought not to remain
selected after the Bold operation (which clearly moves the logical
insertion point to the end, even though it is not reflected in what is
seen).  I'm not sure that is the behaviour I would prefer, but at least it
would be consistent.  My preference would be for selection to remain unless
removed, and for over-type to work on the selection.

Regards

--
John Harrison
http://www.jaharrison.me.uk