Re: [icon-users] Overflowing footnotes

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 10:02:24 +0100

In article <bad7e4d74f.Gwyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Gwyn Oakley <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think I discussed this with Martin a while ago and from memory there
> is an obscure bug.

> It is some while ago but I think I worked around the problem by changing
> the font size to make the table a bit smaller.

> An alternative I think is to force the table to split over two pages and
> have the footnote ref on the second of these pages.

> I guess the problem is something to do with not having enough space for
> the footnote on the same page as the table and the footnate ferlowing
> going wrong??

That sounds like the solution to what I would call 'normal overflow', ie
when there is space for a line (or table row) containing a footnote that
won't fit.  But that doesn't apply in this case.  The reference point was
way up in the page, and there was plenty of normal interruptible text at
the bottom.

Regards

--
John Harrison -  http://www.jaharrison.me.uk
Message sent from a British built Iyonix PC running RISC-OS 5