Re: [icon-users] Feature Request - No thank you!

On 9 Dec 2007 Dr Peter Young wrote:

> On 9 Dec 2007  Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 9 Dec 2007 Russell Hafter - Lists wrote:

>>> I find it hard to think of anything more pointless, and
>>> worse, extremely annoying, for me.

>>> I cannot stand spell checkers that beep at me while I
>>> mistype, underline things they do not like and so on.

>> I couldn't agree with you more! I just turn them off.

> But presumably these things can always be made optional?

I think spellcheckers always are, tub there often no bye default. Its
now a problem. They don't absolve you form poof reading because their
are many transpositions and mistypes that cam produce a dictionary
word if not the won you wont.

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/