Re: [icon-users] Cannot save as PDF

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:36:19 GMT

On 17 Dec 2007  Russell Hafter - Lists <rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 16 Dec, Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> There must be the best part of 60 files, all types
>>> PoScript, whose names end in _ps, ie what presumably is
>>> meant to be gs_init/ps may well be there as gs_init_ps.

>> Yes, precisely.

>>> The archive was decompressed with Sparkplug, which has
>>> never caused any kind of problem before...

>> You seem to have an ancient version of SparkPlug. Simply
>> use any version that is less than 10 years old and it
>> will work correctly.

> I have, and use, version 2.28, October 2002.

> I have checked for newer versions on occasion, but never
> seen anything newer.

As Russell is having such trouble with his GhostScript, would it be in
order for any of us to send him a copy of an installation that is
known to work? If such a copy works, then it seems that his download
is corrupt. If it doesn't, then maybe he has a SparkPlug problem. For
myself, I always use SparkFS rather then SparkPlug, but that requires
shelling out money.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter  \  /      zfc Er       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.