Re: [icon-users] Cannot save as PDF

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:13:23 +0000 (GMT)

In article <eab88b524f.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4f5287f195rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx> Russell Hafter - Lists
>           <rh.lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Yes, precisely.

> >> You seem to have an ancient version of SparkPlug. Simply use any
> >> version that is less than 10 years old and it will work correctly.

> > I have, and use, version 2.28, October 2002.

> I just tried it with exactly that version and it unpacked Ghostscript
> just fine. Are you certain you do not have several copies of SparkPlug
> around? Did you double click on the archive (which might launch any
> version) or did you specifically run the above version and drag the
> archive to it?

To reinforce Martin's point:

I once thought I was using a particular version of a program, because I
knew it was there in my Tools folder and could check its version number
in its !Help file and in the info box when I specifically ran it.
However, owing to an old entry in some boot file or other, another
'tucked away' older version was being used by the system when its
attendant filetype was run because the filer had 'seen' it first. Are you
100% certain the most recent version of Sparkplug was running when you
decompressed GhostScr? It would seem not. This discussion prompted me to
upgrade my GhostScript and 2.28 worked flawlessly, as does the new
GhostScr.

If I were you I would search my hard drive(s) for !Sparkplug and delete
any < 2.28

2.28 seems to be the latest.

http://www.davidpilling.net/free.html

T.