[icon-users] Problems with windows screenshots

  • From: Michael Gerbracht <m.gerbracht@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:18:30 +0100

I would like to insert some screen shots from windows in a TW document,
export as PDF and print it on a laser printer.

But when I try that, the image quality is really awfull, sometimes it is not
possible to read the text of the screen shot windows when printed out. When I
put the screen shot into the TW document and rescale it to 60% it already
looks bad on screen. Export as PDF with setting of graphics output quality =
highest results in a good looking PDF (Adobe PDF viwer). But printing this
PDF leads to bad quality again which is strange to me as I experienced the
opposite effect often where the document is not shown correctly on screen but
prints out nicely. When I print out directly from TW it looks very good, no
matter whether it is scaled 100% or 60%. I even tried to but it as JPEG into
an AtrWorks file and import that into TW before exporting - with the same bad
result when printing.

Thank you very much,
Michael