[icon-users] Microsoft Office file validation

  • From: John Harrison <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:18:10 +0100

When we discussed this some while ago I assumed that whatever objected to
opening the Word files created by EW was part of Windows (or perhaps part
of Word) it was MS software interpreting the absence of MS specific content
(like the version of Word) as 'suspicious'.

I just had another document rejected by someone else, who said his computer
will not open the file, and shows a security alert.  When I quizzed him he
said it was AVG anit-virus software.

So I wonder what file attributes of an EW generated Word file are
triggering it.

Regards

--
John Harrison