[icon-users] Creating PDFs

  • From: John Rye <jrye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:19:24 +0000 (GMT)

Hello All

This is my second attempt at posting to the mail list.

I have an urgent need to use a feature of Easiwriter that I have not required
before, namely to create a PDF from  a fairly substantial (19 page)
Easiwriter Document.

I have folowed the instructions about setting up a poscript2 driver, and
installing Ghostscript, but I have had two distinct problems.

In the first case on my RiscPC I have tried to carefully follow all the
instructions about installing Ghostscript, UnixLib, and setting up the
poscript2 driver, but as soon as I try to create a PDF from a very simple
document I get an Abort on Data transfer Error at &03BA1B48. Verma suggests
that this is in the Font Manager.

If I print a Pipedream document to file using the poscript2 driver I get a
believable sized poscript file, but I do not know how to prove it is in fact
correct.

Relevant Information

Strongarm RiscPC running Select 6
Easiwriter version 8.81
Ghostscript 8.54
Font Manager 3.61 Dated 18 Dec 2008
Shared C Lib 5.63 11 Mar 2007

In frustration I repeated the operation on my Virtual RPC and got a different
type of failure. This time I used the document that I needed in PDF format.
It ran, and ran, and ran. After about 20 minutes I decided to press escape.
Where upon I found that it had in fact created a working PDF of my document.

The relevant information except for the first line is identical. The Virtual
RiscPC is running Select 6.

Any suggestions Please.

John

--