[icon-discuss] Re: using my default email address with the braille plus

  • From: Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:40:19 -0600

All right, I guess Jenny just got an answer to her question. Yes, your connection does use authentication. You need to use left and right arrows to select use the same outgoing connection that you use for the incoming one.

thanks.
Nimer J

Marta Rodriguez wrote:
Hi Jenny:

I just tried putting in the smtp server address with the port number and got an error message to the effect that there's no address associated with the host.

When I set up the account on the PC, There's a prompt where you have to indicate if the server requires authentication, but it appears to be for both outgoing and incoming mail. It doesn't seem to specify that it's just for the outgoing mail server. BTW, when I use the Sprint outgoing server address, I don't have to put in port numbers either. The Sprint address is associated with the wireless card that I sometimes use on my PC.

Marta

On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:11:40 -0700, Jenny Axler wrote:

If you were not asked to specify port numbers when you set it up on your PC, you'll not be required to enter them on Icon/Braille +. Do you know though, if your SMTP port requires outgoing authentication? The best way to discover these things is to take a look at the email account settings on your PC for the specific account.

Jenny

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nimer Jaber" <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>