[icon-discuss] Re: using my default email address with the braille plus

If you were not asked to specify port numbers when you set it up on your PC, you'll not be required to enter them on Icon/Braille +. Do you know though, if your SMTP port requires outgoing authentication? The best way to discover these things is to take a look at the email account settings on your PC for the specific account.

Jenny

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nimer Jaber" <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:03 PM
Subject: [icon-discuss] Re: using my default email address with the braille plus

Actually, you need to fill that stuff out. For example, if you're using gmail, you would put:
smtp.gmail.com:465
If your smtp is not secure, chances are the port is 25 or 26 which would make it look like this:
smtp.servername.com:25
If you're smtp is secure, your ports are eitherr 465 or 587
thanks.
Nimer J

Marta Rodriguez wrote:
I'm not asked for the port numbers when I'm asked for the address of the smtp server.
Marta