[icon-discuss] Re: renewing warranty, etc.

  • From: sharon <scfinchum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raincrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Icon Discussion List" <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:36:47 -0500

Hello Crystal,
I to must make a decision about warranty's soon. In my case, I have no choice
but 'to buy the hardware warranty. I have already sent my unit in for repair 3
times. You make a good point about the soft ware warranty. According to the web
site, you can buy the software up grades later. However, it is more expensive
to do it that way. There seems to be no mention of any significant upgrades
coming any time soon. when B P was first released, I had an email saying that
plans were still in the works to include G P S and telephone functions.
However, that was so long ago that I assume those plans are no longer in the
works. Since the B P currently does most of what I need, I can not think of a
compelling reason for extending the warranty on the soft ware.
No way would I say that one decision or the other is the best one. I too would
like to hear what others think.

Make it a great one

Sharon Finchum