[icon-discuss] problems using web braille service with braille plus

  • From: Marta Rodriguez <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 14:05:32 -0400

hello everybody:

Went to the NLS site today to try to download some books onto the
Braille Plus.  After going through the process of putting in my
password, I was able to open the latest issue of braille book review
and the sections I wanted to look in.  When i clicked on one of the
volumes I wanted, I was presented with the terms and conditions for
accessing the books, and I clicked on the button specified for
downloads with notetakers.  problem is that instead of being presented
with the choice to open or save the file, the volume was opened.  I
went to the menu and saw no options for disposing of the open file.
Marking the text to copy to the clipboard and pasting onto a word
processor document just seems too long a process for getting this
material, especially when downloading books that are longer than two or
three volumes.  Is there a way around this?  Is there something i need
to do with braille Plus first so that I will get the option to save the
volumes I click on?

By the way, I'm not talking about downloading books through the new
daisy pilot program.  I was trying to download the books through the
regular web braille service.

marta