[icon-discuss] bookshare

  • From: Marc Mulcahy <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 12:27:37 -0700

All,

Just a little background on Bookshare, they generate the books on the fly for
each individual user when
you download them.

With the inccsistency we've seen, I.E., the same books work for some and not
for others, I'm beginning
to wonder if either:

1. The books coming out of Bookshare might be wrong for some users.
or
2. The Icon isn't handling something about books for certain users.  Those of
you having problems, please
help us by trying some things.

1. Do the books you download on your PC work on your PC?  I.E. can you download
"Bag of
Bones" on your PC and read it on your PC.  Remember to download the DAISY
version.
2. Can you download the same book that fails on the Icon on your PC, rename it
to a bks2
extension, move it to the import folder on your Icon and open it successfully?

Thanks for your help and patience with this.

Marc