[icon-discuss] another question about upgrading

  • From: Scott Lawlor <sklawlor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:53:27 -0500

Hello.

I had another question about upgrading the icon unit.

I understand that the one time cost is $150 but I question the need for actually purchasing the software especially since this unit is going out of production. In my mind, here's the question. Why charge for upgrading a unit that is no longer supported or in further development?

Here's an example.

When Jaws for dos became no longer supported, Freedomscientific made it freely available since there was no further cost in maintaining or developing that particular product line.

It would stand to reason that the icon would follow the same course, at least at some point.

I'm interested in your thoughts on this issue.  Thanks for the info.

scot

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx