[icon-discuss] Thumb Braille

  • From: "Beth Terranova" <fb-oe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 21:22:08 -0500

I've been doing some serious thinking and it seems to me that the current thumb
Braille method is inefficient and difficult.  Instead of telephone buttons 1, 4
and 7 for dots 1, 2 and 3 and phone buttons 3, 6 and 9 serving as dots 4, 5 and
6 in thumb Braille mode, why not have dots 1, 2 and 3 represented as phone
buttons 3, 2 and 1 and dots 4, 5 and 6 would be phone buttons 7, 8 and 9.  Now,
I wouldn't want to write a novel this way, but it is comfortable and I think
this would make far more sense than the current thumb Braille method.  I've
been testing this out using a touchtone phone as my experiment apparatus.  Beth