[icon-discuss] Re: Thumb Braille

  • From: Marta Rodriguez <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 13:03:18 -0400

I've been writing braille since I was seven years old, which would make it about 46 years. So I'm generally as comfortable with a braille writer keyboard as I am with a regular keyboard. However, since I started using computers, I've had more occasion to use a reggular keyboard than a braille keyboard, and notice that now I'm a bit slower on those, especially the braille keyboards of electronic devices, like the Braille Plus and the braille and speak. When I use a braille plus, I generally plug a USB keyboard to it, unless I ggo out. In that case I take it sans keyboard for more portability. Thumb braille, which if I understand correctly is the use of a telephone keypad to write text, would be very time consuming and uncomfortable for me. That's why I got the braille plus.

Marta
----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>