[icon-discuss] Suggestion for a future release

  • From: "Steve Dresser" <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Icon and Braille Plus discussion list" <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:49:46 -0400

Hi all:

I notice that Blue Tooth is turned on when you search for Blue Tooth devices, which makes sense because, if you're searching for them, you probably want to connect to one if you find one. That said, however, I was surprised to find that Blue Tooth remains on even if no devices are found. Perhaps it might be good to turn Blue Tooth off if the search finds no devices, or at least issue a prompt so it won't inadvertently be left on. I probably wouldn't have realized that it was still on except that I was reading an NLS book and the audio was unusually choppy, which led me to suspect that it was still on even though I didn't need it. I probably would have figured it out when my battery died sooner than expected, but that's not a good way to be surprised.

Steve