[icon-discuss] Re: Question for all BraillePLUS owners; also getting some window-shopping time with the BraillePlus

  • From: Marta Rodriguez <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 01:23:21 -0400

I don't find the braille keyboard on the Braille Plus to be cramped.  It's
almost set up like those ergonomic keyboards, the 1 2 3 and 4 5 6 keys a little
farther away from each other so that you don't have your arms together in front
of you while you're typing, as you often do with a regular Qwerty keyboard.

But you might want to consider that if you don't like the braille keyboard, you
can always add a qwerty keyboard to the device, which would certainly give you
a little more typing room.  I just got myself one of those Adesso mini
keyboards, the type that is small enough to carry in a laptop bag or a big
purse.  I use that with the Braille Plus when I get tired of using its own
braille keyboard.  Also have a foldable rubber keyboard, but find that keyboard
isn't as easy to use as the Adesso one.

Marta