[icon-discuss] Re: My first experience with file sharing (follow up)

  • From: "Paul Henrichsen" <paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:57:11 -0700

Well, Here's a follow up to my own message.
I decided to drop my firewall just to see if that would do anything. As it
turns out, it didn't. But I think I accidentally figured something out.
At least I am getting farther.
I typed in: "//PAUL/Paul Henrichsen" and pressed enter.
The braille plus told me I was connected to Paul Henrichsen and I saw every
folder under that shared name including the hidden ones.
I deleted the network connection and tried sharing the music folder below
the paul Henrichsen folder. I got an error.
It appears that for some reason, I can only share the paul Henrichsen folder
and then I can get to every folder under that folder.
That's okay by me. At least I got that far.
Now, I tried transferring a file to the braille plus. I was told by pressing
the status key that 100 percent of the file had been transferred, but then
file explorer seemed to lock up. I had to cancel the task to get things back
again. I tried this twice on the same file with the same results. The file
was a fairly large file, probably 70-80 mb.
The file does appear in the folder on the braille plus, but I haven't yet
checked to see if it matches the file size on the pc.
But, for some reason, the braille plus doesn't come back and tell me the
transfer is complete.
If I start the transfer on the pc side by using the shortcut on my desktop,
of course, the computer lets me know when the transfer is completed.
But at least, now, we're getting somewhere.

database 3007 (20080407) __________

http://www.eset.com