[icon-discuss] Re: Feature request

  • From: "Paul Henrichsen" <paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:10:17 -0700

Hi, Unless you really need to print on your trips, the icon would be totally
useable. If you carry a laptop when you travel, do I assume you also carry a
mini printer in case you need to print something?
Faxing would be interesting, but I wonder how many times one would fax
unless a signature were required when you could email instead. I know my
sighted wife travels quite a bit with her laptop and I don't think I have
ever heard her wish she could print or fax.
The only time I saw her wanting to print is when she wanted to hand out some
genealogy at a family reunion.
She does carry a cannon lide scanner as it is a very thin scanner which fits
very eaily into a laptop bag.
A scanner would be nice for the icon, but I wonder how much power it would
draw?
There is a nice cannon printer one can get that will fit into a laptop bag,
but it costs somewhere around $250.