[icon-discuss] Re: Do your audio books sound distorted?

Thanks all.  I'm at least glad to know that it's not a flaw in my unit.

Erin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <creative_redemption@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 7:03 AM
Subject: Re: [icon-discuss] Do your audio books sound distorted?

yes. The compression for NlS books does not work very well. Some of us have been complaining about this for several releases. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Erin" <creative_redemption@xxxxxxx>
To: "Icon Discuss" <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 1:34 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has found that their unit distorts the voice
somewhat when you speed up NLS books. I don't set my speed especially fast
and I still find the sound rather unpleasant.  Is there something wrong
with my unit or do others have this problem?  Is there a fix for this?  I
miss reading my NLS books. I used to play them on a VR Stream but I got rid of it when I bought my Braille+ because I knew that the B+ did so much more than the Stream. But now I never read NLS books because the sound is really
off.    I'm only reading Bookshare books at the moment which is okay but
there are a few titles that are only available from NLS. I would also maybe try Audible books if the sound was better. Is anyone else encountering this
issue?

Erin

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to LevelStar or APH then consider sending your message to icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Icon Discuss Mailing List
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.freelists.org/list/icon-discuss

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank message with unsubscribe in the subject line to:

icon-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

For answers to the most frequently asked questions about Icon and Braille +, Visit
the LevelStar and APH FAQ pages:
Visit the LevelStar FAQ page at
Visit the APH FAQ page at