[icebtac] Re: Reminder: NIMAS Tactile Graphics Meeting this Friday

  • From: Joe Sullivan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: siller@xxxxxxx, icebtac@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:23:54 -0500

Hello all,

To follow up Chris' question about studies, Caryn Navy recalls:

"I don't have a specific study. But Sue Melrose of Hadley School for the Blind was involved in some research of this kind. I'm not sure if she's still at Hadley these days. I think that Smith-Kettlewell might also have done some interesting research in this area."

In trying to follow these leads, I found quite a few references to Smith-Kettlewell's work on the Web, and also found my way to the Teresias listing of research studies. If you go to the "search" page at

and type in "tactile graphics" (exact phrase), about 30 pop up; some of which (e.g. Dr. Aldrich's work in the UK) seem especially applicable to education.

I will cross-post this to the ICEB's Tactile Graphics Commitee list, for their information and in case there may be further information from its participants.